maanantai 13. tammikuuta 2014

Anime Anime Anime

Ugh, it seems it's time to redo this blog a little, mostly because I have not written anything and secondly because I though it might be fun to actually write one... yes buu me for being a victim of the new blog-writing-mass-hysteria.
But onto business. I stopped watching anime some time ago as I though it was boring and not my thing anymore, but lately my boy and I have re-found anime, and have started to watch quite many series. I though it might be nice to write my opinions on some of the ones we are currently watching, to give you an idea of what I like ;)
BTOOOM!
I liked this anime alot, as it mixed together psychology and action quite well to my liking. As a huge fan of battle royale, this anime included some of my favorite aspects of the movie, and in story is quite similar. A gamer boy gets sent on an island and in order to survive he must kill other players until he is the only one left, so in words very similar. In BTOOOM each player is given a certain amount of bombs with which to kill the enemy. Its a very raw and violent anime, with loads of blood, but the roughness of the human instinct to survive is something that always interests me and BTOOOM portrays that quite well in my opinion.
Strike the Blood
Vampires? Yes please! I kinda like this anime, even though the story and characters lack depth and the anime is mostly about fighting and pretty girls, but I still kinda like it... probably because sometimes it's good to watch things that are not that serious and enjoy the panties....
Magi the Kingdom of Magic
I bet many other people follow this as well.... I had my doubts when I started watching Magi, as it seemed like a uber cutesy anime, but I was pleasantly surprised at how complex the characters are and how rough the anime can be. I eagerly wait each week for the new episode and I love the fact that no character is completely good or bad, but instead may act in both ways much like normal people do.
Log Horizon
Another anime about online gaming huh? I feel log horizon lacks in many of the aspects that made Sword Art Online one of my favorites, the characters lack depth and the story lacks history and depth as well. I feel it strange that none of the players is trying to escape or crack the game, and everyone's just happily living in a virtual world. Also the connection between characters and events is quite loose. To put is shortly the anime is okay if you dont like to dwell too much on the story and only want something to spend time watching.
So a few current animes we are watching. I'll try to get back shortly with cosplay plans :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti